Posted Byon Friday, January 13, 2017
The goal of discipleship - Ephesians 4:1-16:
1. Christ likeness
2. Perfection. This means spiritual maturity - Col.1:28
3. Jesus ministered to the multitudes but His priority was to make disciples - Matt. 5:1-2; Matt. 9:35-38
4. The great commission in Matthew 28:19-20 is to "make disciples".
5. In 1 Thess. 1:5-7 the believers were disciples of Paul, Silvanus and Timothy. As they imitated Paul they became examples to all other believers whom they influenced for God.
6. To equip believers in their work of service.
7. To build up the body of Christ.
8. To bring the unity of the faith through a knowledge of Christ.
9. Continued growth into Jesus Christ through truth and love.
10. Unity, strength as every join and part of the body is functioning.