- Worship Team
- Children's Church
- Children (Pre-K - 5th gr)
- Youth S.S. (6th-12th gr.)
- Adult S.S.
- Wednesday Ministries
- Ministries by Age Groups
- Other Ministries
- Home Groups
- Missionary Connection
- Ministry Connection
- Nursery Ministry
The Foursquare Logo● The Term "Foursquare" ● The Foursquare Logo
● The Cross ● The Dove ● The Cup ● The Crown
The name, Foursquare Gospel, was born in the heat of revival in Oakland, California, in July 1922. Foursquare is a Biblical term, beginning with the description of the foursquare altar in the book of Exodus (Exodus 27:1; 28:16; 30:2; 37:25, 38:1, 39:9) and ending with the survey of heaven, the foursquare city, as described in the book of Revelation (Revelation 21:16). This is a fitting term to describe the complete Gospel of Jesus Christ who is our (1) Redeemer; (2) our Baptizer with the Holy Spirit; (3) our Healer; (4) and our Soon-Coming King. The Foursquare Gospel, the good news of Jesus, is a Christ-centered emphasis with a many-faceted doctrine.
The Foursquare Logo was born out of a revelation that Aimee Semple McPherson received in Oakland, California in July 1922. Part of that revelation was a picture from the book of Ezekiel. Ezekiel had seen a divine creature perceived with four faces. The faces included the face of a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle. These four faces were likened unto the four phases of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sister McPherson observed the following:
● In the face of the man, I saw the Man of Sorrows, One acquainted with grief dying on the tree, Jesus our Savior.
● In the face of the lion, I saw the Mighty Baptizer with the Holy Ghost and fire, Jesus our Baptizer in the Holy Ghost.
● In the face of the ox, I saw typified the Great Burden-bearer, Who Himself took our infirmities and carried our sickness, Jesus our Healer and Great Physician.
● In the face of the eagle, I saw reflected the Coming King, our Bridegroom, Who would soon come to catch away His beloved Bride. Jesus our Soon Coming King.
Come Celebrate with Us!
- Breakthrough Prayer - 8:15 AM
- Sunday School - 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
- Worship Gathering - 10:00 AM
- Home Groups (2nd & 4th Sunday)
- 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Men's Morning Prayer - 6:00 - 6:30 AM
- Family Night - 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Connect With Us
Today's modern technology has afforded us a multitude of ways in which to stay connected with us:
● Connect with us on Facebook.
● Connect with us on Twitter.
● Download our Weekly Bulletin.
● Tune in to Online Messages.
● Read the weekly Pastor's Blog devotionals.
Contents © 2011 Dover Foursquare Church | 302 E. Slingluff Avenue, Dover, OH 44622 | 330.343.6142
Update: March 2, 2013 | Design by DM Web Creation